Thursday, February 16, 2023

What Are The Platforms I Choose For Freelancing Translation (Eng-Chi)?

 Well, there are many platforms you can go to if you are starting out as a Freelancer. I didn't know where to go in the beginning. I did some searching on the internet, and there are plenty of platforms for freelancers, such as Freelancer.com, Upwork, etc. But it is quite competitive as there are many freelancers from all over the world, especially if you are a beginner without experience.

I saw other advice, such as starting a website, a blog, Facebook, etc. I started it by posting in forums for Malaysian. Ya, it was quite popular during the time I started. Not sure if it is still popular now, as I have stopped using this method. 

I started a Facebook page not long later. Till now, most of my translation jobs have come from there. My Facebook page is still around, but I don't really manage that often. Like I said in my previous post, I have a full-time job. I spend some time posting on my Facebook page to get extra jobs. Whenever there's a job, I will manage it in between. 

It can be quite competitive in this digital era, as you can work from home and get jobs from any part of the world. Well, you have to work hard for it. 

See you in the next post. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

First English To Chinses Translation Job

 My first English-to-Chinese translation job was translating a company document. Well, it is challenging as there are many business terms an...