Friday, January 27, 2023

The Journey To Freelance Translation

 This will be my first post for my blog. Erm..., it's actually not really my first one. I started a blog a few years ago but decided to delete it after writing for some time as it is more on the negative side, and I wasn't really constant with it. It is Chinese New Year and since it is a new beginning, I decided to start a new blog and hope it will last long. 

I didn't really plan to be a freelancer in the beginning. I was thinking of making some extra money and there is where I started off. Before I started to take translation jobs, I was helping an NGO to translate their newsletter. I wasn't really interested in translating in the beginning as I'm always been asked to translate some words since my school days. That time, I just feel that it was a hassle.

As I was helping out at the NGO, I slowly started to build my interest in translation. I can see how words can attract people. I wasn't really fluent in the beginning and with the help of some other members, I started to pick up.

I decided to start off with translation later on. Of course, there are still many things to learn, and there is still a lot of improvement to make. I'm currently still holding a full-time job and taking odd jobs for translation, and I'm working towards being a full-time freelancer translator one day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

First English To Chinses Translation Job

 My first English-to-Chinese translation job was translating a company document. Well, it is challenging as there are many business terms an...